Friday, May 20, 2011

Bus Bingo

I know it sounds boring but today, people, I am going to tell you about my bus trip. But do feel free to stop reading now if bus trips don’t do it for you.
The Basics
The bus: Cama (which basically means the business class of the open road)
Seats: Leather
Bus conductor: sweet, Spanish
Bus buddy: sweet, Spanish, possibly gay, possibly named Alfredo

First we played bus bingo (Hence the name of this post. Hey, I panicked. I don't usually title my emails and I am still new at this). It was the most fun because I got to practice my Spanish numbers and I feel like the bus really bonded – as encouraging winks and rueful head shakes were exchanged over hard boiled sweets, while the numbers were called. (Well actually that was just me and eventually everyone stopped making eye contact.) Anyway the winner won a bottle of wine and he went up to get it and we all clapped.
And then I chatted to Alfredo next to me for a good while, mostly about his love of Madonna and Lady Gaga. We did attempt to discuss other topics, which weren’t as successful, but I nodded encouragingly anyway. He could have been saying ‘I smell bacon’ for all I know but I still think we shared a moment. He even asked for my name so he could look for me on the Facebook.
And then we watched Scarlett Johansson attempt to not look hot in The Nanny Dairies or ‘Los Diarios de la Ninera’.
And then we got our meal. (Snacky things and chicken casserole and mashed potato!)
And then we slept.
And then we were woken up by a male passenger at the back shouting what sounded suspiciously like soap opera lines in his sleep, but I can’t be sure because they were in Spanish. I am at least 12% certain one of the things he said was something along the lines of ‘You will never get away with this, Fernando’.
And then we slept some more.
And then we got gently roused from our slumber by the conductor with our breakfast and HOT CHOCOLATE!
And then our journey was over and we got off the bus.
Best 11 hour bus trip.
Ever.
The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment