Friday, May 13, 2011

Alive and Kicking!

Hello Readers, (especially Marita and Rob who have lately separately expressed their displeasure at my lack of this thing that is called blogging)

12 thousand apologies for not writing anything in the last 6 weeks or so. Apparently the last post was sad and SURELY I must have been doing fun things since then.

Summary of the last wee while:
A week and a bit was spent detoxing or "cleansing", if you will, on lovely Koh Phangan in Thailand (and yes the sun did eventually come out). I felt SO damn good afterwards: my body was well and truly a fricking temple. Unfortunately I subscribe to the 'All or Nothing' philosophy and so after being kind and respectful to my temple blah blah blah I inhaled a gigantic packet of chocolate chip biscuits (on the ferry trip off the island) about 3 seconds after finishing the cleanse and haven't stopped since. I believe it's called "retoxing".

After eating everything I could lay my hands on in Bangkok for my last few days in Thailand I flew to Zimbabwe for my fabulous cousin, Jo's wedding (where she was joined in holy matrimony to the almost as fabulous Wood.Dog). And needless to actually say but I am going to say it anyway I had the time of my life. I caught up with friends and family and carried on with the above mentioned "retoxing" process with a hen's party, massive wedding, rather large Kariba trip and various catch ups. Shout out to the freaking marvellous people who I reconnected with and also met for the first time. After a month back in deepest darkest I am in serious danger of packing up my life and moving there permanently. I loved it THAT much.

After Zimbabwe I flew to South Africa for a few days and stayed in 'die plek van goud' with the lovely Blond bombshell and her soon-to-be husband. I was treated like a queen and had a whale/wail/wale of a time. I was also SO impressed with Joburg.

And now I am in Buenos Aires, which (I am happy to report) I am loving as much as I thought I would. This place is seriously the poo!

First thing I did was sign up for 4 mornings of Spanish classes so that in theory I will be able to communicate sufficiently with the natives and order wine properly. And I think I am a little bit in love with one of my Spanish teachers. I am going to ask him if he wants me to have his children. If he agrees I will probably just stay here and eat steak and drink espresso for the rest of my days.
Apart from making googly eyes at Juan* I have been walking around just looking at the amazing buildings and places and taking about 5637 photos. I have already met some really dope people and this trip of mine is still but an embryo!

Anyway I need to go drink wine now.
Chau. X

*Name has been changed to protect the identity of the hot Spanish teacher

1 comment: